The Sean Foote Microfinance Simulcast is a live webcasted MBA microfinance course taught by Professor Sean Foote. Some campuses receive credit for the class while others treat it as a student run effort. Last year, 75 campuses around the world took advantage of this opportunity. If you are interested in bringing this class to your campus, see the instructions below:
1) Email Chris Temple (Chris@LivingonOne.org) with your contact information and your willingness. Congratulations! You are now a Campus Coordinator.
2) Find a classroom with an internet connection (hardwired) and projector.
3) Participate in a technology test to make sure it's working.
4) Market the class to your campus (consistent with whatever timing works for your campus).
5) Join in on the first day!
In addition to lectures from Sean Foote, you also get speakers. Prior speakers have included the heads of Grameen, IGNIA, Compartamos, MicroCredit Enterprises, MicroCredit Summit Campaign, KIVA, MicroPlace, SKS, ACCION, Gray Ghost Ventures, Freedom From Hunger, Prisma Microfinance, Elevar Capital, etc.
If your in the class, make sure to join the Sean Foote Microfinance Group on Facebook to interact with classmates, participate in discussions, and access course documents.
What will you be learning about??
How does the class work
Classes meet across the country and watch a live webcast of the class and interact with the professor in real time.
Who teaches the class?
The class is taught be Prof. Sean Foot at the UC Berkeley Haas School of Business. Guest speakers include world class leaders in the field of microfinance.
Do I get academic credit for the class?
Some schools graduate schools have accepted the class as part of their curriculum and offer it as a part of their credit based course offering. However, on most campuses the course is sponsored by a club and is not currently available for academic credit.
How much does it cost?
How can I get my school involved?
You school isn't on the list? No problem. We are already looking for volunteers to host classes on their campus for next year. Hosting is fun and easy and makes for a great resume booster. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
What schools are participating in the class?
- American University
- Austin College
- Brigham Young University (Marriott School of Management)
- Colorado College
- Colorado State University - Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise
- Columbia Business School
- Cornell University (Johnson School)
- Dartmouth College
- Dominican University of California (Green MBA)
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business
- George Washington University
- Georgia Institute of Techonology
- Golden Gate University
- Harris School
- Kellogg School of Management
- Lehigh University Microfinance Program
- Michigan State University (Eli Broad College of Business)
- New York Univeristy (Stern School of Business)
- Oglethorpe University
- Presidio Graduate School (Sustainable Mgm't)
- Quinnipiac University
- Southern Methodist University
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- UC Berkeley (Net Impact Undergraduate Chapter)
- UC Berkeley (Haas School of Business)
- UC Davis (Graduate School of Management)
- Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan (Facultad de Contaduría y Administración)
- University of Chicago (Booth School of Business)
- University of Denver
- University of Florida
- University of Florida
- University of Houston
- University of Michigan (Ross School of Business)
- University of New Mexico (Anderson School of Management)
- University of North Texas
- University of Texas
- University of Virginia
- Wake Forest University
- Western Washington University
- Yale School of Management