Harnessing Student Potential In Microfinance
Connect. Collaborate. Create.
MFI Connect educates students of microfinance for thoughtful and productive lives and careers in the microfinance industry. The organization pursues this mission by providing microfinance education courses, innovative fundraising campaigns, in-field exposure programs, groundbreaking discussion, and access to competitive job opportunities.
For Students & Activists
- Find an outlet to channel your creative energies and ideas.
- Learn through our virtual lecture series where you can watch and listen to experts, such as UC-Berkeley’s Sean Foote, speak on a range of pressing topics. (You can even earn college credit for it!)
- Gain access to volunteer, internship, and job opportunities.
- Participate in innovative fundraising campaigns.
- Find extensive archives of information (recent articles, books, blogs, theses)
For Microfinance Organizations
- Fill volunteer, intern, research, and job positions within your institution.
- Meet your pressing financial needs through access to grassroots student networks.
- Benefit from collaboration and the exchange of ideas with other innovative microfinance practitioners.
- Gain access to a talented, experienced, and passionate group of students.
Recycle to Eradicate Poverty
A student run project that uses recycled phones to raise funds for The Chiapas Project. www.turnphonesintoloans.org